Can you tell the difference from your Russian Blue cat from a crossbreed of long-haired Persian and Siamese cat?
The Russian Blue is a type of purebred or pedigree cat. These cats are around 10 inches in height to the shoulder and have an average lifespan of 10 -15 years depending on health and genetic and environmental factors.
On average, the Russian Blue cats weigh between 7 and 15 lbs (about 3 to 7 kg) depending on their lifestyle, feeding habits and how active they are.
The Russian Blue cat is a delight to watch as they eat, they tend to eat just enough, and are not messy eaters.
Most Russian Blue cats are long, slender and elegant with a characteristic wedge-shaped or triangular face.
The Russian Blue coat is dense, thick, plush, and double-layered.
The nose of the Russian Blue cat will be black and the paw pads will be mauve.
They are gentle and playful, which makes them very suitable for first-time cat owners. Russian Blue cats have a quiet voice.
The average cost of Russian Blue kittens is between $400 and $600 US Dollars (about £300 and £450 British Pounds).
All pet-quality Russian Blues are sold spayed or neutered to prevent them from reproducing and stop non-breeders flooding the market with Russian Blue kittens, which would make them less exclusive.
Top 10 Russian Blue Cat Basics
1. Russian Blue cats are practically model-like in appearance. They are sleek and slender, with long limbs and elegant features.
2. Russian Blue cats have a plush double coat that makes them look bigger. Underneath is a lean, strong and dexterous form that moves quickly and lightly.
3. The Russian Blue cat has blue, silvery grey fur that shimmers in the light.
4. As Russian Blue cats mature, their wide soulful eyes become a vivid green colour, a hue which grows brighter and more intense with age.
5. Favourite pastimes include running after toys, playing fetch and chasing flies through the window.
6. Russian Blue cats love sitting in the sunshine and it’ll happily sit in the sun for hours, lapping up the warmth.
7. Russian Blue cats make good company. Great if you live alone.
8. Russian Blue cats are low maintenance and like to stay clean. They are genetically healthy and like to live in a clean environment.
9. These cats are not prone to fur matting and they don’t require much brushing.
10. Russian Blue cats have gentle temperaments. They are calm and quiet cats.